We are moms, which means we are broken records, or scratched discs, if we want to modernize the saying. We spin around and around and around, spewing the same music over and over again. Whether you say the typical phrases or have your own variety, I thought it would be fun to share my usual suspects, in no particular order. You will notice the theme here is expressions that are used in frustrating situations.
- The point of getting in a car is to get somewhere…PLEASE get in the car!
- The point of driving somewhere is to get somewhere….PLEASE get out of the car!
- Don’t forget to wash your hands, take off your shoes and put them away.
- Where are your shoes?
- Keep your hands to yourself!
- How many times do I have to tell you?
- If I have to tell you one more time…
- Do you need to go potty?
- Is that a good decision?
- What happens when you don’t listen? You get hurt…and what happened? You got hurt!
- Are you listening with your toes or with your ears today?
- When we don’t listen, we lose!
- When you listen to Mommy, Mommy listens to you.
- Why would you do that?
- Hold my hand!
- Let’s go!
- Mommy is starting to get upset!
- Don’t put that in your mouth!
- Thank you Mommy
Please share with Mommy Masters what some of your favorite go-to sayings are in times of frustration. Sometimes it’s nice to change the record…or disc.
Check back next month for the positive themed list. This one was more fun to start with! 🙂