As we are getting ready to leave 2012 behind, it’s important to reflect on all we have experienced. Reviewing our successes and failures as parents will allow us to create an even better year ahead for ourselves and our families. Here are some helpful questions to ask yourself:
- Did you feel you were the best mom you could be? If not, why? What can you improve upon in the year ahead? If so, what helped you be a successful parent?
- What did you do for yourself? Did you take out time for you?
- Was it a struggle to fit everything in? How can you manage your time better and create a more efficient schedule?
- Did you dedicate enough time to your children, husband and friends? What is important in the year to come? Do you want to spend more quality time with your children, create a weekly date night with your husband or significant other, or perhaps commit to a monthly girls night out?
- Did you challenge yourself, both personally and professionally? Were you using the excuse of time to put off reaching a goal or following your dreams?
- Did you lose your patience too easily and yell too often? How can you take a different approach to solving tough situations and discipline?
- Did you offer another mother advice? Were you there for a friend who needed parenting support?
- Did you spend your money wisely or are there ways you can cut down spending in the new year?
- Did you take the time to really get to know your child? What does he think about? Who are his friends? What are his fears? What is his favorite subject at school? What does he want to be when he grows up?
- Did you tell your children how much you loved them? Did you let them know how important they are to you?
What other questions will help us become better mothers, wives, friends and businesswomen? Please share with Mommy Masters.
From Mommy Masters!
TOGETHER WE CAN MASTER MOTHERHOOD™