Some women view cleaning up as a chore, but I view it as a step by step process that is organized, effective and actually relaxing (crazy I know). Allow me to explain:
Here is picture of my kitchen after dinner, which pretty much looks like a disaster. There are dishes everywhere, items to be stored and put away, dirty napkins, counter tops that are littered with cutting boards, grease and the remnants of a delicious meal.
Where to start first? With these easy steps, you will be able to clean more efficiently and use the saved time elsewhere.
- It’s important not to get overwhelmed.
- Keep a positive attitude and take it one step at a time.
- Instead of looking at your kitchen as one large mess, divide everything into different categories.
- Items that go in the trash, items that need to be stored, items to put back into the fridge, items that go into the pantry, cleaning counters, etc.
- This is an organized way of taking on many smaller tasks vs. one large one.
- You will be amazed at how different your kitchen will look after each step is completed.
- Before you know it, your kitchen is clean.
- Save the dishes for last.
- If you get interrupted (baby wakes up), or run out of time, your kitchen will still appear clean.
- If you clean up the table, then clean those dishes, then put away your leftovers, then clean those dishes, you will never be finished with one task.
- You will be less overwhelmed completing one duty at a time vs. doing the same task multiple times.
- Try to enjoy the clean up (as weird as that sounds).
- Who said cleaning up has to be boring?
- Turn on the television if you have one in your kitchen, or pump up the music and pour yourself a glass of wine.
- Take pride in your work and allow yourself to feel accomplished after you are finished cleaning,
STEP BY STEP EXAMPLES:
I take a similar approach to cleaning up as I do motherhood. Instead of getting overwhelmed with all I have to accomplish in a week, I try and do one thing at a time. I know that it has to get done and will get done, so instead of worrying or stressing out about it, I just do it. When it comes to cleaning up, some of us women actually like to clean (yours truly) and some loathe cleaning, which is totally understandable. Either way, these tips will get the job done in a quick and streamlined manner.
These tips are great for tackling any mess in your house. Aside from the kitchen, the playroom is another perfect example of how organized cleaning will get the job done quickly and efficiently. Picking up toys based on themes, such as blocks, books, puzzles, etc. will have you seeing results within minutes!
TOGETHER WE CAN MASTER MOTHERHOOD™… and Master the Mess!