Can Halloween be healthy? We normally associate lots of candy with the holiday but it doesn’t mean we can’t sneak in a few healthy treats as well. If you’re looking for fun, easy and tasty healthy Halloween snacks for the kids, check out these great ideas I share with Magic 94.9 host, Ann Kelly in Kelly’s Kitchen.
Here are some important Halloween quick tips that all parents should know:
- Always check and inspect your child’s trick or treat bag before they dig into the candy
- Throw away any candy that appears old or odd.
- Throw away any candy that is opened.
- Remove any candy that is not age appropriate, i.e. choking hazards.
- As nice as they may look, do not allow your children to eat home baked goods from people you don’t know.
- If your children are allergic or sensitive to certain products, you can’t be sure what is in the dessert.
- As much as we don’t want to think about it, there are people in this world with bad intentions…I will leave it at that.
- Don’t spend your time making Halloween treats to hand out as parents will be following the tips written above.
- You would never want to harm a child but ingredients you use in your recipe could be harmful for a child allergic or sensitive to a certain product.
- Go to the store and buy candy.
- Do not try and be the healthy mom that puts raisins in people’s goodie bags.
- Instead create healthy treats with your kids at home, as shown in my video.
- As much as we love healthy, you will not be the hero of the neighborhood.
- Don’t be surprised to wake up and find eggs and toilet paper on your house. 🙂