As moms, we are expected to act a certain way in order to be good role model for out little ones. Well, I am here to tell you that it may look like that on the outside, but here’s what’s really going on in the inside. You can deny all you want but we all have thoughts and actions throughout parenting that we should probably keep to ourselves, but where’s the fun in that?
Below are 10 mom confessions, or what I like to call “momfessions”, that need to be let out of the bag. Don’t judge…you know you can relate.
1) I blast my favorite old school rap driving around town sans kids and quickly change to Fox News when I pull into school to pick them up. Don’t let the minivan and SAHM Lululemon uniform fool you…this mama loves her hip hop!
2) I gave my son milk in his cereal this morning that was questionable. I then put some in my coffee too and survived.
3) When my son asks me an obvious question that I have no clue how to answer, I quickly Google it on my phone and pretend I am texting a friend. Now I know the reasoning behind the ever popular youth statement, “I’ll never use this information, so why bother learning it?”
4) My eight year old son and I like watching My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding together on TV. Shameful, I know.
5) I have given another child the stink eye after he was not very nice to my child. Don’t mess with my kid, kid.
6) After being questioned, I told my son that showing your middle finger to another driver is called, “the signal”. He bought it.
7) I smell my son’s blankie when he is at school. So, so what?
8) I secretly don’t care that my three year old still has a pacifier, especially since I sucked my thumb until 7th grade. Who am I to judge?
9) I do not mind the smell of my kid’s farts. Is that not okay?
10) I have no idea what I am doing most of the time and my kids have not caught on yet. Shhhh…don’t tell them.