I am excited to partner with My Social Sitter, a patented, real-time social media filter created to facilitate responsible social media communication.
My Social Sitter gives parents peace of mind by creating a safe social media environment for children. It works by filtering outgoing Twitter posts in real-time. More social media sites and texting will be coming soon.
If a post gets blocked because of negative or potentially harmful content, the parents will be instantly notified. My Social Sitter uses an algorithm that includes more than 600,000 key words, including slang, in six languages. It is also fully customizable so parents can add words or personal items like phone numbers, addresses, names, etc. My Social Sitter can be used on any device, whether it’s a computer, tablet, smart phone, etc.
You are probably wondering why a kid would want to use this product but there are incentives. Students will receive a virtual token for how many messages they send through Social Sitter. When a student collects 100 tokens in a year, they can be redeemed for a gift-card. Pretty cool, right?
Ultimately, the goal of My Social Sitter is two fold. First is to protect kids and second, to make them aware of and teach them about the power of appropriate positive communication.
This is a really important product that every parent should take advantage of. Social Sitter allows parents and school officials to be proactive against cyber-bullying.
Here are some scary facts according to My Social Sitter:
- One million children were harassed, threatened or subjected to other forms of cyber-bullying on Facebook during the past year.
- 90% of social media-using teens who have witnessed online cruelty say they have ignored mean behavior on social media.
- 35% have done this frequently.
- 95% of social media-using teens who have witnessed cruel behavior on social networking sites say they have seen others ignoring the mean behavior
- 55% witness this frequently.
Win a free subscription, plus a discounted subscription for your school!
* Parent/Guardian has a personalized dashboard and is notified when a message is rejected
* School maybe notified when urgent threats are made
* Student has unlimited messages
* 24/7 support on your account
* Students cannot override rejected messages